Monday, April 4, 2011

I lost something!!!!! Why????

      It is official, I have lost 10% of myself!!!!(4 1/2 inches) OK,I am pretty excited!!! I know that this does not seem like much if you weigh 100 pds, but I assure you that is not the case for me. I have lost a few sacks of sugar, and it feels great. I can only imagine what it will be like when I meet my new goal of an additional 30 pounds. Now, the title of this is I lost something, and I assure you I never want to find it!!! Losing it means, I now can run 3 miles without dying, I can work in the yard all day with out feeling like an old lady in the end, and one of my favorites, I can actually get back to teaching swimming. I have a group of kids that I am teaching right now that in a matter of 2 hours have me swimming 50 laps, treading water,with out my hands for up to a half an hour, and even require me doing multiple laps of the infamous butterfly!!!! I am doing it and I do not even feel exhausted afterwards!!!! Love it!! Now if I had to attach that extra weight back,Maybe not!! So I am excited to see what else I can accomplish.
      Now the Why??? I would love to say it is for all the reasons above, but the truth is i am doing it for very self fish reasons. I have mentioned in the past that I have a very close person in my life that is morbidly obese.She is now pushing 400pds and only 5ft.2inches tall.This person is dying before my eyes.Obviously this could be me in a heart beat!! I could wake up in the morning and not be able to walk 5 feet without feeling like I might die. I could feel so bad about how I have let myself go that I loose the desire to live, I could live to eat and not live to serve. I could become a grandmother and not have the energy to play or visit my own grandchildren. I could be so heavy that my health is falling a part, slowly killing me. It would be so easy to fall into a routine of watching T.V. and eating, and letting myself become 300/400 pounds. Here is what gives me the fight.
I have 2 beautiful children:
My wonderful hubby:
But most important:
                      GOD

I want to honour God!!!  Here are some great verses that can encourage a person interested in changing there lifestyle:
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 "What? know ye that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost  which is in you,which ye have of God,and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body,and in your spirit, which are God's."
 Romans14:17 "...for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking,but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit."
Isaiah 40:31 "Those who wait on the LORD will gain new strength,they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired (he-he),they will walk and not become weary."
Hebrews 12:11 All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful,but sorrowful,yet to those who have been trained by it,afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness."
  I would like to say that if not for the God, I am nothing but a complete mess, so to God be the glory, and I am so thankful!!! I have all of you in my heart and prayers and wish you a very happy,healthy lifestyle!!!


4 comments:

  1. You are amazing and a true inspiration!! AWESOME JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love is. 40:31 .

    you are such an encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Michelle! So proud of you. I know it was a lot of work, you are an inspiration to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved loved loved reading this post! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete