Thursday, February 10, 2011

Why The Life of The Loser???

       O.k, so I said I never would, but here I go!! I have decided to do a blog. I always thought, why would I? I am not a interesting person, and I have never really thought I had a cause, so why now?? Well, I have been inspired. My sweet friends, and you know who you are, are creative, and have interesting families, and entertain us immensely thru the blogs, but having none of that myself, I was most inspired by the thought my dear friend Lauren had to use a blog as a form of encouragement to those in a similar situation. Now, I promise I am not a writer, nor am I a speller, so expect grammar and spelling errors,but what I do hope to accomplish is to encourage and hopefully entertain a little.
       So, now to the point!!!! Why the life of a loser?? I do not consider myself a loser, well for the most part anyway. I am however a loser. You see for a long time now I have struggled with weight. I have always been athletic and loved working out, but I tend to love food as much or more!! all of a sudden things have changed. In the last couple years I have watched as a dear person in my life has let herself become morbidly obese. She can barely walk from a chair to the bathroom. Has pretty much remained at home for most of the past year, and has slipped into a very dark place. Now, I know that I am no where near this, but really could easily be this. I know I may be exaggerating a little, but it scares me!!! So almost a year ago I decided to start a a journey to become a healthy person. Note, that I did not say skinny!!! I am a large framed person and came to the reality a long time ago that I will never be a tooth pick! I started working out, running, and doing all the "right stuff", but failed many times over. The fact that I exercise was not enough! Diet is 80% what goes in your mouth, and exercise is not the only solution. Neither does it mean you can eat twice as much food! So I got discouraged many times, and never really achieved too much. Almost 6 weeks ago I got this invite to the do a Diet Challenge, and being the competitive person I am I took it. I took it, but knowing I would probably fail at that too. So I decided to approach this differently, first I decided to hand this to God. You know Idols come in many forms,mine was, and easily can become again,food. I loved food so much, that I was willing to let it control me. I had to make a decision. God always wins, beside this is his temple, and I was no worse then a drug user by stuffing it with junk!!! So the calorie counter was loaded in the I-phone, and the exercise was revamped, and now I can say I have the real makings of being a loser!! So far It has been hard, but I am doing it, and feel great!!! This Blog will not only hopefully encourage others, but help me be accountable. I hope to fill it with great tips, and any other weird ideas and highlights of my life that come along.( Most of which will be much shorter then this. : ) Now remember, I am human and may fail at any given moment!!! I am hoping I can share those moments, as openly, and then hand them to Jesus and pick myself back up and move forward again. So all this being said, post questions,comments, and I will be posting more details of my adventure into being a loser soon.

7 comments:

  1. Love you! i think you are a super hard working woman! i will be reading your blog and sharing your life. join me on my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks nice Michelle! can't wait to see some of your tips and stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! And does it surprise me your blog is ORANGE? No. :) Love you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm being a loser, too! :-) I like the background, by the way. ~Amy Casson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, I'm not a storyteller or THEE best speller but this was a GREAT first introduction. So proud of your weight loss and you being such an encourager.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to hear more tips michelle! You are really doing a great job with he challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, you made a right decision! Keep it up!Thank you for your openness and step forward!Love you!

    ReplyDelete